Come on everyone - let's post something!

Moderators: Moderators, Admin Team

mjenderby
Chinarail Forum Member

Re: Come on everyone - let's post something!

Post by mjenderby » 05 May 2020, 18:45

Interesting posts today :-)

While Western forums seem to get a fair deal of traffic, I suspect that this is due to rail enthusiasm and modelling being prevalent there. Most countries seem to support dedicated forums. Anything outside US and WE is covered by more generic ones e.g. ERG, CRC and others which round up the less popular countries.

Of course, there is other activity in China and Japan, but the language issues come to the fore.

Therefore, I suspect a dedicated forum will always be a very small community so, perhaps, we shouldn't get too worried. It's either this or a subforum on a more generic site.

I think Ivan has pointed to the route forward … i.e. simplifying the site and sorting out the image problem (other phpBB site seem to be able to download images).

The only question is how to do it, given none of us own the site.

Cheers

Mark

DongFeng7
Chinarail Forum Member
antispam: No
The middle number please? (6): 6

Post by DongFeng7 » 06 May 2020, 22:24

Yes, I think Mark is right. Hopefully the administrator is following the posts.

ben_issacs
Chinarail Forum Member

Post by ben_issacs » 07 May 2020, 07:35

Folks,
I reckon that the ordinary modeller, who might b ae looking for something different and gets onto the forum is put off by the fragmented nature of the information that's available there.
Would a say monthly news-letter set up be better, with information all collected together.
Not easy to do, I admit, but might be worth a try.

Bill,
Melbourne.

DongFeng7
Chinarail Forum Member

Post by DongFeng7 » 08 May 2020, 00:13

Hear hear! Well said

ben_issacs
Chinarail Forum Member

Post by ben_issacs » 08 May 2020, 04:09

Thanks, Dong Feng.
Not sure how this could work, perhaps a topic 'News letter' , with people sending in anything of interest, model or full size.
If someone buys a new loco, a brief review of how well it runs, is it noisy, does it snag on points, a couple of shots of it, etc.
This wouldnt be an in-depth review, just something to give the interested party an idea of what he or she might expect from a Chinese model.
Also, something about where one can buy Chinese model trains.
I have a small collection of Chinese train models, all bought from a Hong Kong mail order mob.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no model railway shop in Melbourne who stocks Chinese models, and this probably applies in the other big
Australian cities also, and I suspect that it might also apply to a large extent in Europe and North America.
The topic could include a brief description of a trip to China, with info about the three Ts (Toilets, Tickets and Timetables), and descriptions of the
various types of locos and rolling stock that one might expect to see there.
All sounds complicated, but until we can get more people interested by means of easily accessible info., the forum wont prosper.
Bill,
Melbourne.

TEAMYAKIMA
Chinarail Forum Member

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » 10 May 2020, 11:37

So in order to generate some 'traffic' on this forum I have today started a new topic in the photography section.

I'm sure many of us have photos to post and stories to tell and so please visit that topic and post your memories.

Here is the photo - for the story behind it please go to the other thread!

Image[/url]