QJ7205
Administrator
antispam: No
The middle number please? (6): 6

Your opinion counts!

Post by QJ7205 » 26 Aug 2009, 19:11

Antwerp, Belgium, 26/08/2009,

Hello,

A little bit more than a year ago, I put this forum online... It was a big gamble at that time, given the fact that it focusses especially on railways in China, which is a far more narrow topic than simply "railways" in general... But I'm actually rather happy about how it evolved, with 55 members already, of which many of them active posters... :)

It connects many people from all four corners of the world too, which is also a very nice thing... The miniature train part is clearly the most active part of the forum though, with most activity centered around it... Which is not a problem of course, just a fact... :) (But maybe it's something we should consider when improving the forum in the future...?)

So, now that this forum exists a little bit more than a year, I wanted to ask all of you for your opinion about this forum, and I also wanted to ask you for suggestions to improve the forum, or to increase the number of users... It goes without saying of course that the more users we have, the more interesting things (can) become... :) All criticism is welcome!

Best regards,

Joeri Vanvaerenbergh

PS: I can take all kinds of criticism by the way (As long as it's constructive...), don't worry... :wink: :lol:

roco
Chinarail Forum Member

Re: Your opinion counts!

Post by roco » 29 Aug 2009, 08:52

Hallo Joeri

Well , there are 55 members now . Some are very active , others not . That is so in the most forums . Lucky there are more members coming that giving good information . Without this forum I never found some sites . Also I can fill some gaps in my chineesrailwaymodelscollection because of the tips some members give .

Some questions I ask are still open . I hope that someone ( new member? ) still can give answer on this questions . On other forums I also didnot get the answers I am looking for and they have more members .

On some parts of the forum there are still no topics . Well , this forum is not a travelagency !? Perhaps some day it will be usefull .

Lets hope that the chinees modellproducers read this forum too . In the Netherlands some producers/dealers do .

Important is that there is no member who is looking for trouble and always want to be in his/her right . Some forum have such persons and I know that some persons are abanded forever .

I think that it is going well on this moment with this forum . Members are from Belgium , the Netherlands , Germany , Austria , Australia , the UK , USA , Malysia , Rumania and China .

regards Jos

mjenderby
Chinarail Forum Member

Post by mjenderby » 29 Aug 2009, 10:51

Having decided to try modelling again (and take China as the subject), this forum has been extremelly useful. It's definately a case where this is the only way to glue together the info and knowledge across the world. I'm hoping that this side will expand to share more knowledge as people develop their layouts.

While I have an interest in the real thing, I suppose my main information comes via the Steam in China newsgroup and websites like SY-country. There again, it's chicken-n-eggs ... there needs to be a critical mass to get anything going on the web.

Thanks for keeping the show on the road!

Mark Enderby

vjm
Chinarail Forum Member

Post by vjm » 29 Aug 2009, 15:11

This is one of the few forums in English that concentrates on the Chinese railways, and Chinese model railways in particular, so that's definitely a good thing. I certainly hope my posts, and the posts of others, help to promote China model railways (that's where I have my interest).

May I suggest that you roll-up (consolidate) some of the forum areas into a single forum, eg Travelling in China... you don't need so many sub-categories. Same for a few of the others.

Brian Hawkins
Chinarail Forum Member
The middle number please? (6): 4

Post by Brian Hawkins » 01 Sep 2009, 13:17

Dear Joeri,
I am so pleased that i joined the CHINARAIL INTERATIONAL FORUM, although my main interest is photographing Chinese steam, i have over the last 10 years or so been a very serious collecter of Bachmann China models and this forum has proved invalable to me in this respect.
Last month vjm posted a message about a recall on some Bachmann QJ #6266 and QJ #7141 models, both of mine became defective and because vjm informed the forum that BC were aware of production problems i was able to have new replacements sent, so a very big thank you vjm for this information, you saved me a hell of a lot of money :D
I really hope that this forum will grow and grow, looking forward to more news about Chinese Railway in the near future.

QJ7205
Administrator

Post by QJ7205 » 01 Sep 2009, 13:43

Thanks a lot for all the input already, one of the next few days I'll answer in detail... :wink:

QJ6978
Chinarail Forum Member

Post by QJ6978 » 20 Jan 2019, 06:51

Good day!

What happend to the site? Many times recently it has been down.

Best regards Nick