NY6

Moderators: Moderators, Admin Team

mjenderby
Chinarail Forum Member

Re: NY6

Post by mjenderby » 05 Mar 2018, 17:53

Just been looking at the problem further. Loco runs fine on test stand and I can't see any axle problem.

What I believe is the problem is the asymmetric bogie spacing being unable to cope with my curves. The axles don't appear to have enough play and this causes steering problems and causes the lead axle to jump the track. (It may not be the radius but a combination of transition and slight gauge variations.) It'll need more work to fully understand what's going on.

All other locos cope fine though.

Cheers

Mark

mjenderby
Chinarail Forum Member

Post by mjenderby » 20 Mar 2018, 19:24

There's not much play in the centre axle and, coupled with scale flange depth, means bogie is prone to jump the rails on track defects and tight curves. I'm currently relaying the 3 problem areas!

Can't blame this on the loco :-) ... But something to be aware of.

Cheers

Mark

Marco
Chinarail Forum Member
antispam: No
The middle number please? (6): 6

Post by Marco » 08 Jul 2019, 09:15

Hello!
I received my Y7 this month.Very beautiful machine...in a showcase.
On the rails she moves like a tired pilgrim at each turn of the wheels she gets up and kneels.
The reason:each half axle is assembled and isolated by a gear-sleeve.This assembly is bad done,the wheels are veiled!.The result is dismal.
My opinion is that is important not to by this model by internet or by correspondance,each copy must be examinated visualy.
And to day I have not yet fonded any spare parts.