HO scale model toys for populating your Chinese layout

Moderators: Moderators, Admin Team

HO scale model toys for populating your Chinese layout

Postby petit panda on 21 Aug 2018, 14:12

I recently noticed on eBay HO scale model toys which intend to reproduce real passenger or freight cars.

Considering their pricing, two of these models may be of interest to populate a Chinese layout at low cost.

The first model is 4-bay hopper which replicates the former non-prototype K70 hopper from Bachmann industry produced in the early 2000s in the silver series.
The Chinese lettering is sharp and the molding is nice. Wheels and couplers must be replaced.
The sale price, included shipping, is less than $5 with several sellers on eBay.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/1-87-Simulation ... 1730345808

The second model is a passenger car which replicates an old US Pullman car in the green with yellow stripes typical Chinese livery and which is lettered YZ25K (!). It looks like a non-prototype of an old passenger car from the South Manchuria Railway.
The Chinese lettering is sharp and the molding is nice. Wheels and couplers must be replaced.
The sale price, included shipping, is a little more than $8 with several sellers on eBay.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/MagiDeal-1-87-T ... 2357053834

I already purchased some "K70" hoppers to test heavy weathering techniques before working on my original Bachmann Industry hoppers.

Petit Panda
petit panda
Chinarail Forum Member

Re: HO scale model toys for populating your Chinese layout

Postby ben_issacs on 27 Aug 2018, 03:42

Folks,
Had a look at the HO scale toys, as for the pass. car, a YZ it aint!
Firstly I thought that it might be some sort of dining car, with its window arrangements, but perhaps a postal-pass., the barred windows are often seen on postal van windows.
Maybe an ex SMR car, although I think a lot of them had recessed end doors. with narrow end vestibules, have to look at my old SMR photos.
Most SMR cars were fairly long, longer than this model.
Regards,
Bill,
Melbourne.
ben_issacs
Chinarail Forum Member

Return to Rolling stock