New old stock Bachmann China models at a French e-retailer

Moderators: Moderators, Admin Team

New old stock Bachmann China models at a French e-retailer

Postby petit panda on 25 Jun 2017, 03:26

I am a customer of one of the main French e-retailer of model trains "Pierre et Dominique" and it announced today a massive sale of new olf stock Chinese models from Bachmann China. It quite strange because he never sold any Chinese models from Bachmann up to now.
Many diesel locomotives, one reference for QJ class, many set of passenger cars including all 22/23 and 25G classes many freight wagons including C64.

http://www.pierredominique.com/modelism ... nt_result=

or http://www.pierredominique.com/ and tnen select Bachmann in the by brand selection menu.

Pricing appears to be fair.
Shipping costs are told to be 15 € for shipments in any State of the European Union as well as Switzerland. VISA Credit is accepted without extra cost.

From my own experience, shipping has been always fast and packing very good.

I wanted to share this opportunity wth all of you
Petit Panda
petit panda
Chinarail Forum Member

Re: New old stock Bachmann China models at a French e-retail

Postby trashmaster on 14 Aug 2017, 15:26

Hi Petite Panda!

Sadly I dont look into this forum that often, I just now saw your post! Thanks so much for the info!
The sets still available look great, just ordered a bunch of dark green 22s I've always wanted but never got the chance to buy for a decent price. :D
---
Georg
trashmaster
Chinarail Forum Member

Postby mjenderby on 26 Nov 2017, 03:02

Beware, I ordered and then told item wasn't in stock. Credit card was stung for currency fees both ways so lost out big time!

Cheers

Mark
mjenderby
Chinarail Forum Member

Postby trashmaster on 29 Nov 2017, 17:58

mjenderby wrote:Beware, I ordered and then told item wasn't in stock. Credit card was stung for currency fees both ways so lost out big time!

Cheers

Mark

Hm, I ordered two sets of which just one was in stock (seems like they have one set of cars each). I got an email if I want it like that, or add someting else, or cancel the whole order. Only after confirming the order by email they charged my credit card with the final price of the in-stock set + shipping.

Also at my Visa I dont pay the currency fees if a transaction gets cancelled or (partly) refunded (had this happening last month with a booking from japan).
---
Georg
trashmaster
Chinarail Forum Member

Postby mjenderby on 29 Nov 2017, 19:38

Looks like they charged my card on ordering without checking availability and then manually initiated a refund. Hence Barclaycard had no way of relating the 2 transactions. Fortunately, Barclaycard have sorted the difference. Clearly the website is not live and hence wise to check stock before ordering.

Saying that, the usually reliable Hattons had a recent blip when a system upgrade/stocktake resulted in a number of phantom China items aopearing.

Cheers

Mark
mjenderby
Chinarail Forum Member

Return to Shops and sellers