TEAMYAKIMA
Chinarail Forum Member
antispam: No
The middle number please? (6): 6

Bachmann Chinese locos with sound - questions

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » 23 Oct 2018, 11:12

Hello

My knowledge of DCC is below basic.

My knowledge of DCC sound is subterranean !

I have a Bachmann JF with factory sound. It appears to have sounds that operate on function buttons I don't expect. For example sound on/off is # 1 when I expected it to be # 8.

The loco came with absolutely no info about the sound decoder - has anyone a list of CV's?

mjenderby
Chinarail Forum Member

Re: Bachmann Chinese locos with sound - questions

Post by mjenderby » 24 Oct 2018, 00:28

Paul

Guess this is the same Digisight 5313 decoder I have in my RM and asked about in another thread. Their website only has instructions (in Chinese) for 5303. I guess the CVs are the same, but volume didn't work for me. Others must have the same chip in other Bachmann locos so the answers must be out there!

Cheers
Mark

TEAMYAKIMA
Chinarail Forum Member
antispam: No
The middle number please? (6): 6

Re: Bachmann Chinese locos with sound - questions

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » 25 Oct 2018, 08:37

mjenderby wrote:Paul

Guess this is the same Digisight 5313 decoder I have in my RM and asked about in another thread. Their website only has instructions (in Chinese) for 5303. I guess the CVs are the same, but volume didn't work for me. Others must have the same chip in other Bachmann locos so the answers must be out there!

Cheers
Mark
Hello Mark

Thanks for that. I have asked my dealer in China to supply list of CVs for DIGISIGHT.

I think it is a China steam chip (ie not US steam) because it's the first chip I've found with a half decent Chinese style horn sound.

Paul